Sunday, September 25, 2011

A New Calling

Yesterday, my husband got a phone call from a member of the bishopric and asked if we could come visit with him for a few minutes in the morning. He of course said yes, and then hung up, and then came the guessing game as to who would get the new call and what it would be.  We came in this morning and we both had been called to serve together as Nursery Leaders.
Honestly I couldn't be more excited to share a calling with my husband.  Who better to serve with than my favorite person in the world.  So I am so excited that we can do this together.
My baby is Lucy, she is eighteen months old, so I have spent the last couple weeks in nursery trying to help her adjust. One thing I have noticed is that our nursery needs help. So I am excited to go and make nursery a fun and happy place to be, and to help the kids learn something new every week.
My Lucy is sick today, so after meeting with the bishopric member, Lucy and I came home.  She is down for a nap, and so I have been reading the manual, and the church handbook for ideas, and then I started searching the internet for ideas of how other people make their nursery's functional. I tried using pintrest to store the ideas I liked, but most of the ideas don't have visuals, so that doesn't help me because Pintrest is a visual way of organizing things.  I started saving some of the ideas on my computer, but I could get a very full memory that way, and some of it is not in need of a space on my computer.  So I decided the best way to collect my ideas is in blog format. So if anyone else wants to stumble on to my blog, then they can use the ideas I have collected from many places.  There are hundreds of ideas out there, so mine will be no better than anyone else's collection, it will simply be what I think might work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment