Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lesson Schedule

There are only 28 lessons plus an Easter and Christmas Lesson. This leaves plenty of time for review and repitition. There is no reason to just simply go straight through the lesson manual.  Either there should be reviews, or more than one week spent on one lesson, or you could do one week where you give a general over view of the next couple lessons. Which ever way seams approprite for the set of lessons. Many of the lessons can be grouped together in themes. any way you do it, the lesson should be thought out and prepared and planned long before showing up at church. No one would dare get up and teach gospel doctrine simply by showing up to class and opening the book. These lessons need to be well done and prepared so that you can keep the children's attention and build in them a love for the gospel.  On sugardoodle someone has provided their entire year's schedule for teaching, with reviews  scheduled in, and with general conference and stake conference. . . they also have the activities and songs and such preplanned. 
Here is a sample of their lesson schedule. I haven't included the activty section  simply because I think I would do better to prepare weekly the individual lessons. I will have to create my own schedule because I am almost finished with this year and my stake conference is at different times.   But the point is, they are looking at the long term goal

Date Lesson # Subject
Jan. 2 1 I Am a Child of God
Jan. 9 2 Heavenly Father Has a Plan for Me
Jan. 16 3 I Can Pray to Heavenly Father
Jan. 23 4 Heavenly Father and Jesus Love Me
Jan. 30 Review 1-3 Review
Feb. 6 5 Jesus Christ showed us how to love others
Feb. 13 Valentines Valentines
Feb. 20 6 The Holy Ghost Helps Me
Feb. 27 Review 4-6
Mar. 6 7 Jesus Christ created the world for me
Mar. 13 8 Sunday is a Day to Remember Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
Mar. 20 9 I have a Body lIke Heavenly Father's
Mar. 27 Review  7-9
Apr. 3 no lesson General Conference
Apr. 10 10 I Will Take Care of My Body
Apr. 17 11 I Love My Family
Apr. 24 #29 Jesus Christ was Resurrected  (Easter) Book, My First Story of the First Easter
May. 1 Review 10, 11, 29 No review, lesson 11 wasn't used so we taught that. 
May. 8 Mother's Day Mother's Day
May. 15 12 I Can Pray with my Family
May. 22 no lesson Stake Conference
May. 29 13 My Family Can Be Together Forever
Jun. 5 14 I Will Obey
Jun. 12 Review 12-14
Jun. 19 Father's Day Father's Day/Summer begins (21)
Jun. 26 15 I Will Be Thankful
Jul. 3 Indepen-dence Day Independence Day
Jul. 10 16 I Will Say "I'm Sorry"
Jul. 17 17 I Will Share
Jul. 24 Pioneer Day Pioneer Day
Jul. 31 Review 15-17
Aug. 7 18 I Will Love Others
Aug. 14 19 I Can Be Happy
Aug. 21 20 I Will Be Reverent
Aug. 28 Review 18-20
Sep. 4 21 Joseph Smith Saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
Sep. 11 22 The Book of Mormon Teaches Me About Jesus Christ
Sep. 18 23 I Love the Scriptures
Sep. 25 Review 21-23
Oct. 2 no lesson General Conference
Oct. 9 24 I Will Follow the Propet
Oct. 16 25 I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Oct. 23 no lesson Stake Conference
Oct. 30 26 Halloween, I Will be Baptized and Confirmed
Nov. 6 Review 24-26
Nov. 13 27 The Sacrament Helps me think about Jesus Christ
Nov. 20 Thanks-giving Thanksgiving
Nov. 27 28 Heavenly Father Blesses Me Through the Priesthood
Dec. 4 Review 27-28
Dec. 11 30 Jesus Christ if the Son of Heavenly Father (Christmas Lesson Pt. 1)
Dec. 18 30 Jesus Christ is the Son of Heavenly Father (Christmas Lesson Pt. 2)
Dec. 25 No lesson  Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment