Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday Plate

I absolutely loved this idea I found on sugardoodle.net

We have a very limited budget for Nursery but I still wanted to do something fun for the children's birthdays this year. So, I bought some paper birthday plates from the store and I'll give each of them a birthday plate along with this poem which I've taped on the back of the plate. We sing to the Birthday child in Nursery and afterwards I'll give them their plate and let them know it is just for them to eat their birthday dinner or for any meal they choose. They get to decide. Here is the poem:

This big day comes just once a year,
hip, hip hooray your birthday is here!
We all love you and think you're great
so we're giving you a special plate.
Save it for your birthday dinner
or cake and ice cream if it's the winner.
Either way, it's up to you,
Just know we love you too.
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment